- Power Grid - played by Eli, Pete, Adam, Phil, and myself. We played on the U.S.A. map. Adam tried running on all environmental plants for a while. I held a monopoly on garbage plants throughout most of the game. During what turned out to be the second to last turn, Pete bought a little too much coal, and ended up missing out on the win because he was a couple of electros short of building into his 15th city. Eli won on the next turn. Final scores: Eli 15 (won on cash), Pete 15, Adam 14, Phil 14, Eric 13.
- Munchkin Bites - Lance, Katie, and Joey. Joey won.
- Poison - Lance, Katie, and Joey. They played by a slightly incorrect version of the rules (they weren’t leaving the card just played in the pot when it went over 13). Lance won.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Eight people played three different games tonight.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Seven people played four different games tonight.
- Thebes - Played by Gabe, Hal, Philip, and myself. This is a light board game where players take the role of archaeologists in the early 1900s. Players must divide their limited time between gaining knowledge, equipment, and assistants in Europe, putting on exhibitions and giving talks, and going to several historic sites to excavate. Gabe won with 57, Philip had 44, I had 43, and Hal had 41. I had played this several times at WBC, but it was a first playing for everyone else.
- Infernal Contraption - Played by Tim, Brian, and Joey. Joey won.
- Unspeakable Words - Played by Tim, Brian, and Joey. This is a Cthulhu-themed card-based word game, where after a player forms a word, he has to roll a 20-sided die to see if he loses some of his sanity. They played two games. Tim won the first game by default, when both Joey and Brian went completely insane. The second game was won by Brian, when he reached the goal of 100 points.
- Qwirkle - Played by Gabe, Hal, and Eric. I held the lead during the first half of the game, but then Hal passed me, and stayed in the lead for the rest of the game. Hal won with 156, I had 137, and Gabe had 119.