Tuesday, February 26, 2008

February 26, 2008

It was just Phil and I tonight.
  • Uptown - This is an abstract tile laying game for 2-5 players. Each player has 28 tiles in a particular color (in the two player game, each player takes two colors). Each tile has a symbol on it, one of the letters A through I, one of the digits 1 through 9, one of nine pictures, or a wild card with a dollar sign symbol. The symbol on the tile restricts where on the board the tile can be placed. Players take turns placing tiles, trying to form the least number of connected groups possible. Captures are allowed, but count against the capturing player. I won, 4 to 5.
  • Race for the Galaxy - Phil won with 36 to my 25. I was dealt several high value cards that had no abilities, and made the mistake of holding on to them with the hope of building them later, which hampered my early development.
  • Tantrix - another abstract tile laying game. We were fairly even up until right near the end, when I managed to connect a six long segment to my 20 long segment. I won with 27 to Phil’s 20.
Our next session will be on March 11.

No comments: