Tuesday, September 23, 2008

September 23, 2008

I’m really behind on the blog. I will try and get caught up over the next few days.

  • Phil and I played a game of Cosmic Wimpout. This is a quick dice game, where you can keep rolling and building up your score, until you either choose to stop and take your points, or until you “wimp out” by not scoring with any of the dice you rolled. There are several rules that sometimes force you to roll again even when you don’t want to. We chose to play to 300 points. Phil took the lead early. I kept rolling a “flash” of three 10s (worth 100 points) and a 5; this forced me to roll the remaining non-scoring die in the hope of getting a 5, which I couldn’t do to save my life. Phil stalled out at 295, and I finally got a couple of high scoring rolls that brought me to 345, and won the game.
  • Next, we played Tantrix. Early in the game, we both got stuck with a handful of tiles that we didn’t want to play, making for some agonizing decisions. Phil eventually managed to close the biggest loop I’ve ever seen, winning the game with 60 points to my 18.
  • Phil had to leave just as Eli arrived, so Eli and I played a game of Cosmic Wimpout. I won with 355 to Eli’s 235.
  • Eli and I then played Uptown. With two players, each player plays two colors. I won with two groups to Eli’s four.
  • JT arrived, and the three of us played Tantrix. JT managed to close a loop for 38 points, Eli finished with 23, and I had a closed loop for 20.

No comments: